Saturday, October 9, 2010

Balloon Fiesta

 
 Last week, Mr. Bo, surprised Little Bo Blue and me with a trip home!!  It was CRAZY spur of the moment, and totally awesome!!  We made the LONG drive from Southern California to Albuquerque, NM on Wednesday.  Ya see...Albuquerque is not only our hometown, but also home to the International Balloon Fiesta every October.  Last year was the first year I missed the Fiesta in at least 20 years.  I was crushed.  So...this year...he made it up to me!  If  you haven't ever had the chance to go...you have to put this on your bucket list.  It is such sight to see.
Between 500 and 1000 balloons take to the skies every morning for 10 days.  It is beautiful.  Simply beautiful.

I love this. 
  

The view.  OH MY GOSH!!  SO COOL!!

There were soooo many people there! 

This balloon is called Air-a-Belle.  So darn cute.

Maybe you have heard of this guy...



Well...he just happened to be there, too!  I thought Bo Blue was going to DIE! He said "MOOOM!  I forgot my light saber!" 

And there were a few of these guys hanging around that balloon, too.
And of course...did I mention the FOOD!!!!!!  We all have our favorites, but the balloon fiesta is known for burritos, cinnamon rolls, and doughnuts.  Well...kettle corn too.  I think it is the only place where it is perfectly acceptable to eat turkey legs at 7:00am. 


A cone full of mini cinnamon rolls.  Dying over here.


This "balloon-ie" jumped in on the fun, too!


Oh Dunkin' Donuts...how I miss you so.

Bo Blue is so happy with his donut.  It makes a mother proud. 


Mr. Bo goes for the green chile filled breakfast burrito. Hel-lo New Mexico...you know how to make a burrito!

He is so happy.  This picture makes me laugh. 

And of course, the wonderful carnival/farmers market favorite....Kettle Corn.  It is so good.  Any time of the day.  Even at 7:30 in the morning.

1 comments:

jess

Oh.... this makes me want to move back! I miss Green Chili burritos! Yum....

Post a Comment